Junior Research Group Leader in Cyber Security
(Fulltime, E 14 TV-L)
Reference No.: 2022/205. The Department of Computer and Information Science in the Faculty of Sciences seeks to fill the endowed position (definite term, max. 5 years) of a junior research group leader in Cyber Security. The start date is December 1st, 2022 or by agreement.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
- Establishing a junior research group in the field of Cyber Securityings
- Significantly advance the state of the art in the field of Cyber Security in terms of theory and practice
- Connect to the main research area of the department, “Explorative Analysis and Interactive Visualisation of Complex Models and Large Data Spaces”
- Contributions to and integration with the department’s interdisciplinary initiatives (e.g., Collective Behaviour, CHDS, SFB-TRR 161) are highly desirable
- A doctoral degree in Computer Science (“Informatik”) or a closely related field
- You should be internationally rec-ognised in the field of Cyber Security
- A strong academic track record substantiated through publications at high-rank venues
- Experience in obtaining external funding, and project leadership
- An excellent research environment
- Funding for five years including two additional E 13 TV-L positions for Ph.D. students or postdocs over the whole duration
- Contribution to the teaching program of the department is possible and encouraged
- Access to research activities, collaboration and funding opportunities as well as career development measures within the University of Konstanz
- Working in Konstanz with its very attractive surroundings
- A salary according to the collective bargaining provisions of the TV-L (up to pay group E 14 TV-L, depending on your personal profile)
For further information please contact the head of the department, Prof. Dr. Bastian Goldlücke, email@example.com, Tel. No.: +49 (0)7531/88-2383).
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents (curriculum vitae, publication list, a list of funded projects with funding amount, details of teaching experience, statements on current research topics, future research directions and interests) until September 30, 2022, via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).