Post-Doctoral Position in Theoretical Philosophy
(fulltime, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2019/270. The start date is 1st February 2020 or by agreement. The position is available for two and a half years. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
The metaphysics and epistemology of the mathematical and physical sciences is a research focus of the department of philosophy. Two post-doctoral positions, of which this is one, form a part of an effort to consolidate and strengthen research in this area. Candidates are expected to have a specialization in metaphysics and/or epistemology, with a connection to the mathematical sciences (broadly conceived). The postdoctoral positions is situated in the group of Prof. Horsten (Theoretical Philosophy) at the Department of Philosophy, University of Konstanz. The group’s working languages are German and English; fluency in German is not required.
- Conducting research in metaphysics and/or epistemology
- Fostering of research connections with the foundations of the mathematical sciences
- Publishing research results
- Presenting project results at workshops and conferences
Assistance for visitors at the project
- Organization of workshops
- Teaching 4 hours per week during the semester
- A completed university degree in philosophy
- A strong PhD in philosophy (the degree must be completed to start the position)
- Publishing experience will be of advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English
- An interest in formal methods and in interdisciplinary research
- An open, motivated research group in Theoretical Philosophy with inter-disciplinary interests and with a good international network
- Opportunities for further collaboration with groups in philosophy and in mathematics
- The possibility to expand your research CV
- A great work-life balance
Inquiries can be directed to Mr. Prof. Dr. Leon Horsten, E-Mail Leon.Horsten@uni-konstanz.de. We look forward to
receiving your application with the usual documents by 10th November 2019 via our Online Application Portal.
As an equal opportunity employer, the University of Konstanz strives to increase the number of women in research and teaching. The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that is free from discrimination and provides equal opportunities as well as a good balance between university and family life. Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).