2 Doctoral Positions (f/m/d)
(part-time 50-65%, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No.: 2020/275. The start date is April 1st, 2021. The positions are available initially for three years.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The doctoral positions are situated in the Department of Linguistics. The successful candidates will conduct their own PhD research project within the research group of Prof Nicole Dehé and PD Dr. Christiane Ulbrich working on Cross-linguistic influence in phonology: the case of heritage Icelandic (https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de/phonlab/research/projects/). The working languages are German and/or English.
- Conducting a PhD research project on Heritage Icelandic
- Writing research publications inde-pendently and in collaboration with the principal investigators
- Practical research in the phonetics and phonology of Standard Icelandic, Heritage Icelandic and English
- Support of the principal investigators in organizational matters
- An excellent MA or equivalent in a rele-vant field (e.g., Linguistics, Phonet-ics/Phonology, Speech and Language Technology, Speech Signal Processing, Speech Sciences, Psycholinguistics etc.)
Strong written and oral English language skills
- Programming skills in MATLAB/R/ Python, experience in experimental designs and statistical methods
Experience in the (cross-linguistic) study of spoken language
- Motivation and ability for independent and structured working and problem-solving
- Interpersonal and communication skills and motivation to constructively engage in teamwork
- An open, motivated research team and interdisciplinary research environment
Opportunities for further collaboration with local research groups
- International collaborations
- Many possibilities to expand and develop your CV
Questions can be directed to Christiane Ulbrich via E-Mail: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application with your motivation letter (maximum 2 pages), CV including 2 names of referees (maximum 5 pages), and official transcripts of BA and MA certificates as one PDF file until January 30, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).