Doctoral Position in Public Administration / Digital Governance (f/m/d)
(part-time 73%, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2020/268. The start date is March 1st or April 1st, 2021. The position is available initially for three years.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The doctoral position is part of the research group of Professor Dr. Ines Mergel “Public Administration – Digital Governance”. The successful candidate will conduct their independent PhD research project on a topic of their choice related to the content and methodological profile of the chair of Public Administration – Digital Governance, see https://www.polver.uni-konstanz.de/mergel/. Potential topic areas for supervision include digital government, digital public management, agile government, digital competences in the public sector, with a special focus on qualitative methods.
Please submit your full application including motivation letter, CV, a writing sample and 2-5-page description of your planned dissertation project, and full transcripts of your BA and MA degrees including references with your application.
- Conduct research as part of the EU Interreg Project “Smart Government Academy”
- Conduct an independent PhD research project on a topic of your choice related to digital government
- Co-writing publications independently and in collaboration with the chair
- Teaching and student supervision (one per semester) in German or in English
- Support the chair in student advising and other teaching and research-related issues
- An excellent MA or equivalent in Public Administration, Public Management or related fields
- Strong written and oral English language skills
- Strong analytical and research skills and interests
- The motivation and ability for inde-pendent work and problem-solving
- Interpersonal and communication skills and motivation to constructively engage in teamwork and teaching
Questions can be directed to Professor Dr. Ines Mergel e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your full application as one PDF file until January 30, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).