PhD Position in Molecular and Cell Biology of Plants (f/m/d)
(part-time 50%, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2021/068. The start date is June 1st, 2021 or by agreement. The position with the current funding will be
limited to December 2022, with the aim for extension towards the finalisation of the doctoral degree.
The University of Konstanz is one of the eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is available in the research team of Prof. Dr. Erika Isono. The successful candidate is expected to work on a project that investigates the molecular mechanisms of autophagy in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana by using state-of-the art methods in molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology. After the initial training, the candidate is expected to plan and conduct the research independently, document the results clearly and accurately and be able to interpret the results correctly. It is expected that the candidate is able to discuss and present the results in English.
We are looking for a highly motivated and hardworking candidate with an outstanding research potential and the ability to work in a team. A strong interest in plant molecular biology and a master's degree in biology or biochemistry are essential.
Further information of the group can be obtained from: https://www.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/isono/.
- Cultivation and various manipulations and analyses of the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana
- Molecular cloning, mutant analyses, plant cell culture-based expression analyses
- Protein expression, purification and analyses
- Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or a related field
- Strong written and oral communication in the English language
- Prior experience with molecular biology, plant physiology and/or biochemistry is highly desirable
- Good self-organisational abilities and analytical thinking
- Good team player
- Opportunity to conduct research in an international team
- Good development opportunities and training
- Large repertoire of methods and laboratory instrumentation
Questions can be directed to Ms. Dr. Svetlana Boycheva Woltering via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone:
(+ 49 (0)7531 / 88 – 2880).
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until April 11, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).