Doctoral Position in Public Administration / Public Policy (f/m/d)
(part-time 50-65%, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No.: 2020/238. The start date is April 1st, 2021. The position is available initially for three years.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The doctoral position is situated at the chair of Public Administration at the intersection of public policy and public administration. The successful candidate will conduct their own PhD research project (paper-based or a monograph) on a topic of their choice that relates to the substantial or methodological profile of the chair of Public Administration, see http://www.evathomann.com/research-projects. Potential areas for supervision include but are not limited to multilevel governance, policy implementation, behavioral public policy and administration, or qualitative comparative research methodology. The working languages are German and/or English.
Your application should include an outline of your planned PhD project of no more than three pages excluding references.
- Conducting a PhD research project on a topic of your choice
- Writing research publications independently and in collaboration with the chair
- Teaching and student supervision
(2-2.6 SWS), possible in English language
- Support in organizational matters of the chair
- An excellent MA or equivalent in Political Science, Public Administration or adjacent fields
- Strong written and oral English language skills
- Strong analytical and research skills and interests
- The motivation and ability for independent and structured working and problem-solving
- The interpersonal and communication skills and motivation to constructively engage in teamwork and university teaching
Questions can be directed to the chair, Eva Thomann via e-mail: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application with your motivation letter (maximum 2 pages), CV (maximum 5 pages), project outline in English language (maximum 3 pages) and official transcripts of BA and MA certificates as one PDF file until January 30,2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).