Doctoral or Early Postdoc Position in Network Analysis Algorithms (f/m/d)
(fulltime, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2020/194. The Cluster invites applications for this position primarily targeted as a PhD study but also open to candidates on a junior postdoc level. The position is to be filled by January 01 2021 or by agreement for initially two years (PhD three years) with possible extension for one year. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The PhD/Postdoc position will be part of the Cluster of Excellence “Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behaviour” (CASCB) at the University of Konstanz, which investigates the collective behaviour and associated patterns in humans and animals in an unprecedented interdisciplinary approach by applying and developing an innovative range of quantitative methods and novel technologies (https://www.exc.uni-konstanz.de/collective-behaviour/). The position will be embedded into the conceptional framework of the research area „Computational Methods for Measuring, Analysing and Visualising Collective Behaviour“. It is a full-time paid position also on PhD level.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate (f/m/d) with a strong interest in network analysis algorithms to investigate interactions within collectives, in particular for the exploration of collective behaviour in immersive environments. For more information on the research group please visit: https://www.cls.uni-konstanz.de/.
- Research in network analysis algorithms for immersive environments to investigate interactions within collectives
- Writing research papers and other publications
- Supervising students
- Graduate degree (Master or PhD level) in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with graph algorithm development, algorithm engineering and virtual reality
- High motivation
- Good communication skills and the ability for teamwork
- Strong written and oral English skills
- Professional infrastructure and support for conducting research
- Ability to work with world-leading scientists on a new and exciting research field
- Full funding for international and German students
- Integration into the interdisciplinary Excellence Cluster research community
- Inspiring work environment
Questions can be directed to Mr. Prof. Dr. Falk Schreiber, email@example.com.
Please send your application including your cover letter, CV and official transcripts of education certificates as one PDF file by
November 20th 2020 via our Online-Application Portal.
DThe University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).