Postdoctoral Position in Public Administration / Public Policy (f/m/d)
(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2020/239.The start date is April 1st, 2021 or upon agreement. The position is available for one year. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The postdoctoral position is situated at the chair of Public Administration at the intersection of public policy and public administration. The successful candidate will conduct their own postdoctoral research on a topic of their choice that relates to the substantial or methodological profile of the chair of Public Administration, see https://www.evathomann.com/research-and-projects. Potential areas for collaboration include but are not limited to multilevel governance, policy implementation, behavioral public policy and administration, or qualitative comparative research methodology. The working languages are German and/or English. Your application should include an outline of a potential collaboration with the chair, either in the form of a joint publication project or a joint grant application, of no more than one page excluding references.
- Conducting independent postdoctoral research
- Writing research publications
- Collaboration with the chair either through a publication project or a grant application
- Teaching on topics of your choice and student supervision (4 SWS), possible in English language
- A PhD in Political Science, Public Admin-istration or adjacent fields (or close to completion)
- A promising and original track record / agenda for excellent academic research
- Strong written and oral English language skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- The motivation and ability for independent and structured working and problem-solving
- The interpersonal and communication skills and motivation to constructively engage in teamwork and university teaching
- Quantitative data analysis skills are an asset
Questions can be directed to the chair, Eva Thomann via e-mail: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application with your motivation letter (maximum 2 pages), CV with list of publications (maximum 8 pages), project outline in English language (maximum 1 page) and one reference as one PDF file until January 30, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).