Doctoral or Early Postdoc Position in Immersive Analytics and Graph Algorithms (f/m/d)
(fulltime, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2021/040. The Cluster of Excellence invites applications for this position primarily targeted as a PhD study but also available for junior Postdocs. The position is to be filled by June 01 2021 or by agreement for initially two years (three years for PhD level) with a possible extension for one year. It is a full-time position. In prin-ciple, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The PhD/Postdoc position will be part of the Cluster of Excellence “Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behaviour” (CASCB) at the University of Konstanz, which investigates the collective behaviour and associated patterns in humans and animals in an unprecedented interdisciplinary approach by developing an innovative range of quantitative methods and novel technologies (https://www.exc.uni-konstanz.de/collective-behaviour/). The position will be embedded into the conceptional framework of the research area „Computational methods for measuring, analysing and visualising collective behaviour“. It is a full-time position also on PhD level with a salary level according to the TV-L 13 tariff agreement for state employees. For more information on the research group please visit: https://www.cls.uni-konstanz.de/
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate (f/m/d) with a strong interest in immersive analytics, in particular graph layout and topological network analysis algorithms in immersive environments to investigate collective behaviour.
- Research in immersive analytics, in particular graph analysis and graph layout algorithms in connection with virtual / immersive environments to investigate interactions within collectives
- Writing research papers and other publications
- Supervising students
- Graduate degree (Master or PhD level) in Computer Science or related field
- Interest (for PhD students) or experience (for Postdocs) in immersive analytics / virtual reality and graph algorithm development
- High motivation
- Good communication skills and the ability for teamwork
- Strong written and oral English skills
- Professional infrastructure and support for conducting research
- Ability to work with world-leading scientists on a new and exciting research field
- Full funding for international and German students
- Integration into the interdisciplinary Excellence Cluster research community
- Inspiring and inclusive work environment
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Falk Schreiber, email@example.com.
Please send your application including your cover letter, CV and official transcripts of education certificates as one PDF file by
March 31st 2021 via our Online-Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).