System Operator OMERO (w/m/d)
(part-time 50%, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2021/020. The position is to be filled as soon as possible and is limited for one year.
The position is located at the Communication, Information, Media Centre (KIM) and the Bioimaging Centre (BIC).
The University of Konstanz is one of the eleven Excellence Universities in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The University of Konstanz is strongly positioned in the Excellence Strategy in the area of Open Science and Research Data Management. As a Core Facility, the Bioimaging Centre (BIC) offers microscopy services for the members of the university..
- Implementation of the OMERO software
- Adaptation and further development of the software according to the requirements of the scientists
- Operation and maintenance of Debian severs
- Connection of the servers to central storage systems
- Documentation of the software, infrastructure and interfaces
- Training users
- Collaboration on other web-based content services of the university
- Relevant scientific university degree (e.g. master) or comparable qualification
- Experience with OMERO or comparable software products
- Experience in server and system administration with Linux
- Experience with relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker is desirable
- Development experience in JAVA or Python/Django is an advantage
- Very good German and English skills
- High level of service orientation and ability to work in a team, ability and willingness to communicate
- An exciting interdisciplinary working environment at the interface of science and infrastructure
- Cooperation in a competent, friendly and dynamic team
- In addition, further training opportunities, personnel development offers as well as health and family support
- Remuneration is in accordance with the collective agreement provisions of the TV-L (up to pay group 13 TV-L, depending on personal requirements)
If you have any additional questions, please get directly in contact via e-mail: email@example.com.
Please submit your application until March 05, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
To find out how we support working couples through our dual career programme, please visit: https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/. Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).