Doctoral Position in American Studies
(part-time 65 %, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2022/283. The position is available at the next possible date and is limited to three years (36 months).
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up program, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is assigned to the Chair of American Studies (Prof. Dr. Timo Müller) in the Department of Literature, Art and Media Studies.
- Research for the ERC project “Off the Road: The Environmental
Aesthetics of Early Automobility” (offtheroad.org)
- Independent doctoral research in the field of the ERC project or in American modernism
- Administrative duties for the Chair of American Studies
- A very good academic degree (M.A., M.Ed., or State Exam) with American Studies and Literary Studies components
- A research interest in American modernism. An interest in in mobility studies or the environmental humanities is advantageous but not mandatory
- An open-minded, vibrant research environment
- A top-tier research infrastructure
- The option to teach undergraduate seminars on your doctoral research
- A salary according to the collective bargaining provisions of the TV-L (up to pay group E 13 TV-L, depending on your personal profile)
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Timo Müller via e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application with your academic curriculum vitae; copies of academic certificates, copy of master's thesis or equivalent; transcript of records; lists of courses taught and publications (if applicable); as well as a three- to five-page outline of a possible doctoral project until January 11, 2023, via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact firstname.lastname@example.org, + 49 7531 88-4016).