A Post-Doctoral Position in Phonetics (f/m/d)
(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference 2020/255. The starting date is April 1st, 2021 or by agreement. The position is initially available for one year, with a potential extension for up to 3 years in total. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The position is in continuation and extension of a previous, externally funded research project dedicated to the study of speech and language rhythm from a cross-linguistic, typological perspective, using a variety of methods including acoustic processing, sensorimotor synchronisation and perceptual experimentation.
For more background, see https://www.researchgate.net/project/Sensorimotor-synchronisation-with-language
The University of Konstanz is one of the eleven Excellence Universities in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy. The position will be affiliated with the Linguistics department: https://www.ling.uni-konstanz.de.
- Contributing to writing up proposals for external funding
- Conducting original research on speech rhythm using a variety of methodological paradigms
- Writing up research results for a publication in high-profile journals
- Fulfilling teaching duties in the department of linguistics
- Presenting research at conferences
- A strong PhD in a relevant field (phonetics, experimental psychology, cognitive science)
- Excellent academic writing skills and fluency in English
- Programming skills in MATLAB/R/Python, expertise in experimental designs and advanced statistical methods
- Experience in the (cross-linguistic) study of prosody and/or the study of individual differences in language processing
- An open, motivated research team and interdisciplinary research environment
- Opportunities for further collaboration with local research groups
- Many possibilities to expand and develop your CV
- A competitive salary and a great living environment
- Employment at a family-friendly university
Inquiries can be directed to Mrs. Prof. Dr. Tamara Rathcke, Tamara.Rathcke@uni-konstanz.de, Tel. +49 7531 88-2656.
We look forward to receiving your application by January 17, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified in mid-February with interviews taking place on February 19, 2021. The required application documents include (1) a cover letter outlining your research background and suitability for the role and (2) a CV with the full list of publications and contact details of two academic referees who are available to provide a reference letter for the shortlisted candidates prior to the interview date. Please note that an incomplete application will not be considered.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).