Postdoctoral Position in North American Environmental History
(Full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2022/240. The start date is January 1st, 2023. The position is available until December 31st, 2025. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up program, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is assigned to the Chair of American Studies (Prof. Dr. Timo Müller) in the Department of Literature, Art and Media Studies, and is affiliated with the Chair of the History of Knowledge (Prof. Dr. Anne Kwaschik) in the History Department.
- Contribution of expertise on early twentieth-century environmental knowledge to the ERC project “Off the Road: The Environmental Aesthetics of Early Automobility” (offtheroad.org)
- Independent research on a postdoctoral project in North American and/or Environmental History
- Publication of research results
- Minor administrative duties
- A very good doctoral dissertation
- A documented research interest in North American history
- Familiarity with approaches in cultural history
- An open-minded, vibrant research environment
- Top-tier research infrastructure
- The option of teaching seminars in your research area(s)
- A salary according to the collective bargaining provisions of the TV-L (up to pay group E 13 TV-L, depending on your personal profile)
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Timo Müller via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application with your academic curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, copy of doctoral thesis, and lists of courses taught and publications (if applicable) by October 24th, 2022 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).