Postdoctoral-Position in Comparative Politics (f/m/d)
(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2020/220.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The working group of Comparative Politics led by Prof. Christian Breunig, PhD, at the Department of Politics and Public Administration invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Position in Comparative Politics. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions. The position starts in Autumn 2021 for three years initially. There is some flexibility regarding the start date.
- Contribute to the group’s research on political representation, public policy, and political economy
- Develop an independent research agenda
- Publish in the group’s thematic areas
- Teach two courses on comparative politics
- Strong knowledge of comparative politics
- Excellent training in quantitative methodology
- Qualifications include a PhD degree in political science or a related discipline
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of German is desirable but not a requirement
- The initial employment is for three years, with a possible renewal
- Professional development opportunities and an attractive research group
Please include in your application a letter of motivation detailing your research interests, a CV, a writing sample as well as the names of two references, compile it into a single PDF file and submit your application via our Online Application Portal. The deadline for application is: January, 15th 2021.
For further information, please contact Christian Breunig: Christian.Breunig@uni-konstanz.de.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).