Academic Positions / Pre- or Postdoctoral Level (f/m/d)
(2 x part-time 50% or 1x full-time, E 13 TV-L*)
Reference No.: 2020/149. The start date is October 1st, 2020 or by agreement. The positions are available initially for two years (predoc) or three years (postdoc).
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
It is situated on the shore of Lake Constance in the deep south of Germany, just four kilometers from the Swiss border (direct train to Zurich airport takes an hour). It offers spectacular views of the Alps as well as direct access to the lake.
The successful candidates will integrate with the Research Methods, Assessment, and iScience team (http://iscience.uni.kn) to conduct research, teach, and help with administrative tasks. There will be opportunity to work towards achieving a PhD or the German post-PhD degree “Habilitation“ (or equivalent). Applicants near or with finished “Habilitation” or near finishing of their PhD are also welcome to apply. Working languages are English and German.
- Joyfully perform research and re-search-inspired teaching
- Jointly develop methods and create applications for Internet-based re-search and Open Science and/or psychometric tests
- Teach at least 2 hours per week (100% position: 4 hours per week)
- Co-mentor Bachelor and Master theses
*Meaning of TVL-13 before and after taxes see at http://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/tv-l/west/ , initial level (Stufe) depends on previous experience
- Degree in Psychology (predoc: Diploma or Master, postdoc: PhD), with good to very good grade
- Pronounced analytical, conceptual and communicative skills
- Proficiency in English
- Expertise in at least one (postdoc: two) of the following: methodology of Internet-based research, psychological assessment, experimental behavioral science, statistics, development of web and/or mobile applications
- Competent use of standard software and statistics software, programming skills and affinity with social media/Internet are very welcome
- Excellent working conditions in a dynamic research environment at a beautifully located university of proven excellence
- A strong international network, a stimulating and supportive intellectual atmosphere
- Excellent students (pre-selected via numerus clausus),
- The opportunity to jointly shape the research group and be part of a dedicated team that is involved with both interdisciplinary clusters of excellence that were recently awarded to the University of Konstanz
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Ulf-Dietrich Reips, email@example.com.
Place your application (including CV, list of publications, copies of academic records and diplomas, list of classes taught) in English or German preferably before August 30, 2020 via our Online Application Portal. First consideration will be given to candidates whose complete applications are received by August 30, 2020, but we will accept applications until the positions are filled.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/).
Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).