Foreign language secretary
(part-time 50 %, E 9a TV-L)
Reference No. 2023/122. Beginning on 15 July 2023 or later, Prof. Dr. Mecking, Chair of Chemical Materials Science (Department of Chemistry), offers an open-ended position as foreign language secretary. Applications from career starters are also welcome.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successfully active in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The Chair for Chemical Materials Science is engaged in internationally leading research in the field of catalysis and sustainable polymeric materials.
- Varied administrative tasks in the secretarial field (bilingual correspondence English/German, personnel management, business trips, vacation requests, purchases)
- Support in preparation of publications and lecture material
- Support, maintenance and updates of information systems like homepages
- Budget administration
- Assistance in course planning
- Assistance in organisation and handling/execution of scientific events
- Contact person for German and international students as well as guest scientists
- Excellent oral/written proficiency in English, also German and ideally an additional foreign language
- Sound skills with Internet and Microsoft Office software (specifically Word and Excel)
- Knowledge in Typo3 is appreciated
- Independent, motivated and cooperative working style
- Reliability and discretion when dealing with sensitive data
- Team-oriented behaviour and joy in dealing with students and doctoral students
- An interesting, challenging and diversified job in an international work group of about 25 employees
- Thorough introduction to the job
- Flexibility in terms of time and content concerning organization of your work programme
- Opportunities for further vocational training
- Subsidy for JobTicket BW
- Employee pension scheme (VBL)
- Classification according to German public service salary scale (TV-L), depending on personal qualification up to E 9a TV-L
For further inquiries please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Mecking, Tel. No. +49 7531 88-2593.
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents by 11 June 2023 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (email@example.com, +49 7531 88-4016).