Postdoc Position in Social Data Science
(fulltime, E 13 TV-L, 3 years)
Reference No.: 2022/207. Prof. Dr. David Garcia and his team at the Computational Social Science lab study human behavior and emergent phenomena in the digital society by analyzing digital trace data. Their work focuses on emotions, polarization, inequality, and privacy issues. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
We invite applications for this postdoctoral position with a flexible starting date up to April 2023. The initial duration of the position is three years and can be extended afterwards. The group is looking for a postdoc with a strong interdisciplinary data science or computational methods background to help bridge data science and the social and behavioral sciences in an interdisciplinary and international environment. The position has a teaching commitment of 4 semester hours each term. The working and teaching language is English.
- PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Computational Social Science, or related interdisciplinary approaches in the social and behavioral sciences
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis methods, for example Natural Language Processing and/or social media data analysis
- Evidence of interdisciplinary orientation in research collaborations or through multidisciplinary education
- Excellent English writing and communication skills in scientific publications
- Participation in cutting-edge research projects and international collaborations
- The initial employment is at 100 %, salary scale E 13 TV-L
- Professional development opportunities and a supportive professional environment
- Attractive research collaborations in an interdisciplinary team
- Additional funding for research projects and dissemination of results
- A letter of motivation
- A Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
- Names and contacts of two potential references
- An exemplary paper (or chapter) from the dissertation or a recent publication
Questions can be directed to Mr. David Garcia, email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application (compiled as a single PDF file) by September 7th, 2022 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).