Doctoral Position in Physics
(part-time 75 %, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No.: 2022/189. The start date is for the nearest possible date or by agreement. The position is available initially for 3 years.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
Applications are invited for a Doctoral Researcher starting in September 2022 or upon mutual agreement in Condensed Matter Theory and Quantum Information. The position is available for 3 years.
The position is part of the research program IGNITE within the quantum technology initiative funded by the European Commission (EU).
- Research in theoretical modelling and characterization of germanium spin qubits, quantum coherent control, exploration of quantum gate operations, and theoretical investigation of crosstalk effects between active qubits
- Master's degree in theoretical physics
- Experience in at least one of the following research areas: Condensed matter theory, Quantum information and quantum computation, Theory of solidstate qubits, Open quantum systems, Semiconductor physics, Physics of quantum dots
- Good development opportunities, extensive training and an attractive remuneration package
- Thriving scientific environment within the research group
- International research collaboration with top-level European partners
- The possibility of a doctorate in physics
- Working in Konstanz with its gorgeous surroundings
Informal inquiries may be addressed to Prof. Dr. Guido Burkard, Guido.Burkard@uni-konstanz.de.
We look forward to receiving your application until August 31, 2022 (include a curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter and contact details of one or two reference) via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).