Ph.D./Doctoral Research Position in Econometrics
(part-time 50 %, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No. 2021/236. The starting date is December 1st, 2021 or later. The position is available initially for three years.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The Chair of Statistics and Econometrics (Ralf Brüggemann, https://www.wiwi.uni-konstanz.de/brueggemann/), Department of Economics, invites applications for a Ph.D./doctoral research position. The research within our group focuses on developing new methods for the econometric analysis of time series data, together with the application of these methods in economics and finance.
- Conducting research in econometrics, statistics, and data science (with applications in economics and finance)
- Teaching in Bachelor and Master programmes of the department
- Participation in the Graduate School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Writing a doctoral thesis
- A very good Master’s degree in economics, econometrics, statistics, or a related field
- Excellent econometric and data science skills
- Interest in the research questions addressed by the chair (econometric and data science methods, time series econometrics)
- Knowledge of statistical software
(e.g. Matlab, R, or Python)
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Possibility to obtain a doctoral degree in an excellent, research-oriented department
- Extensive doctoral training within the interdisciplinary Graduate School of Behavioural Sciences (GSBS)
- A professional infrastructure for conducting research and team spirit
- Working and living in a beautiful environment
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Ralf Brüggemann via e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: +49 (0)7531 / 88 – 2643.
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents (cover letter, academic transcripts, CV) as a single PDF until November 19, 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).