Postdoctoral Fellowships at
the Cluster of Excellence “The Politics of Inequality”
(fulltime, Salary Scale E 13 TV-L)
Reference Number 2020/208. The Cluster invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships for a duration of 12 to 24 months, during which fellows will pursue individual research projects. The earliest starting date is 1 September 2021. We explicitly encourage candidates from Non-OECD member countries to apply.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The Cluster of Excellence “The Politics of Inequality” involves researchers from political science, sociology, economics, linguistics, psychology, law and education studies. The Cluster’s researchers investigate inequality in areas such as education, income and wealth, and participation rights. They study how people perceive these inequalities, how they lead to collective mobilization, and how political actors respond to them.
Applications are open to excellent postdoctoral researchers with a keen interest in the Cluster’s concepts and lines of research. We are looking for open-minded candidates interested in interdisciplinary research with the ability to actively seek collaborations beyond their own discipline.
- Opportunity to pursue individual
- Research allowance e.g. to finance con-ference travels and research assistants
- Opportunity to benefit from the Clusters’ Methods Hub and from the University’s Academic Staff Development unit
- Fellows will choose one of the Cluster’s principal investigators as host and mentor
- Active participation in Cluster activities is expected
- Proposal for a research project (max. 4 pages) to be pursued during the fellowship
- A short letter of motivation detailing why becoming a Fellow would be helpful to the applicant’s career and research, and explaining the applicant’s contribution to the Cluster
- Curriculum Vitae and a list of publications
- Certification of a completed doctoral degree or confirmation of a submitted/ submittable thesis (issued by the main doctoral advisor)
- Two letters of reference
- The Research Proposal should include information on a) the goals to be achieved during the fellowship, b) research question(s), methods and potential follow-ups of the proposed project, c) the feasibility and relevance of the project and its fit with the Cluster’s research agenda
- Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred duration of the fellowship
Please submit your application as a single PDF file via our Online Application Portal. Deadline for application is: 13 December 2020, 12:00 CET.
For more information on the Cluster and its research projects, please visit: http://inequality.uni.kn. For Frequently Asked Questions, please consult the FAQ section. Further questions can be directed to the Cluster’s Managing Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
In principle, each position can be divided into two part-time positions. The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/).
Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).