Post-Doctoral Research Fellow or PhD-Student – Chair of Accounting (f/m/d)
(part-time 50 %, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2020/216. The start date is February 1st, 2021 or by agreement. The position is available initially for three years, but can be extended for another 3 years after successful evaluation based on research and teaching performance.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
Most of the research projects conducted at the Chair of Accounting use behavioural experiments and / or analytical models as a basis. Examples for research topics are the effects of audit market regulations on the quality of audited financial statements or the effects of the format used to present Accounting information on the information processing of external addressees. Thus, we encourage applications of candidates with a strong methods background and an interest in Accounting or Auditing research.
- In addition to research, the postdoc or PhD-student will contribute to the Chair’s teaching activities and administration. Teaching activities include teaching tutorials (2 hours per semester week), preparing, invigilating and grading exams together with teaching assistants, and supervising a limited number of bachelor theses
- Willingness and ability to participate in the development of the Accounting and Auditing course content is desirable
- Administrative duties include the coordination of teaching assistants
- Applicants for a post-doctoral position should have (or be close to obtaining) a PhD in Accounting or a related discipline with a background in Financial Reporting, Management Accounting, or Auditing
- Applicants for a PhD-position should have (or be close to obtaining) a master’s degree in business economics or economics
- A methodological focus on experimental economics or applied game theory is desirable
- A collegial and dynamic research environment with many opportunities for research collaborations and the development of an own research profile
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Ulrike Stefani via E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone:
+ 49 7531 / 88 – 5251.
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until December 18th, 2020 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).