Fifteen PhD and three Post-Doc positions within the Collaborative Research Center SFB 1432 (f/m/d)
(PhD: 75%, E 13 TV-L, Post-Doc: full time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2021/048. All positions are available from now on. PhD positions are initially limited to three years. Postdoctoral researcher positions have minimal duration of two years and offer the possibility of an extension of the contract subject to positive evaluation and further funding commitment. In principle, the Post-Doc positions can be divided into two half-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The vision of the recently approved SFB 1432 is to investigate fluctuations of systems far from equilibrium or determined by strongly nonlinear interactions in a synergistic, interdisciplinary environment. It brings together different approaches from classical and quantum physics – enriched by mathematics – and aims for a deeper understanding of the respective domains as well as the quantum-to-classical transition. We will work out the nature of fluctuations and nonlinearities at the cross-roads of soft matter, quantum transport, magnetism, nanoelectronics, and mechanics, and ultrafast phenomena. This interplay is expected to lead to entirely novel physical phenomena and functionalities.
There are fifteen open PhD positions and three postdoctoral researcher positions in experimental physics, theoretical physics, physical chemistry, and mathematics. The positions are at the University of Konstanz and at CRC partners at the TU Munich and the University of Göttingen. For detailed information visit: https://www.sfb1432.uni-konstanz.de/open-positions/
(depending on the project)
Development and implementation of
- laser-based measurement techniques (exp.)
- high-resolution electronic transport measurement methods (exp.)
- microwave excitation and detection tech-niques (exp.)
Application of state-of-the-art
- microscopy techniques (exp.)
- nanofabrication and ultrathin film materials deposition (exp.)
- low-temperature and high-vacuum facilities (exp.)
Developing methods of quantum transport and quantum optics (theor.)
Performing numerical simulations and optimization tasks (math.)
- Excellent academic record
- M. Sc. degree in physics or mathematics (for PhD positions)
- Excellent PhD thesis in physics or mathematics (for Post-Doc positions)
- Profound knowledge of relevant experimental or theoretical methods
- Research experience relevant for the respective project
- High motivation, strong interpersonal and influence skills, and great motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent personal development and qualification opportunities
- Academic career support by CRC-integrated graduate school
- Focused scientific training on topics of the CRC
- Seed Funding for own research ideas
- Research collaborations with top level research groups worldwide
- Professional infrastructure for conducting research
- Working in an interdisciplinary young team of highly motivated scientists
- Family-friendly measures and dual-career program
Questions can be directed to Mr. Prof. Wolfgang Belzig via email, email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application with a letter of motivation, your CV, transcripts and letters of recommendation combined to one single pdf document until 30 April 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).