Foreign Language Secretary
(part-time 25 %, E 9a TV-L)
Reference number 2024/033. The starting date is May 1st, 2024 or by agreement. The position is permanent.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is available at the chair of International Politics held by Prof. Dr. Nina von Uexkull from 1 April 2024.
- Diverse administrative tasks in the area of the secretariat (correspondence in German and English, personnel matters, business trips, vacation requests, procurements)
- Support in the preparation of publications and lecture material
- Support, maintenance and updating of information systems such as homepages
- Budget management
- Assistance with course planning
- Assistance with the organization and implementation of scientific events
- Contact person for German and international students and guest researchers
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English and Ger-man, and ideally one other foreign language
- Profound knowledge of MS Office (Word & Excel & Outlook)
- Independent, committed and collaborative spirit
- Reliability and discretion in dealing with sensitive data
- Ability to work in a team and genuine interest in working with students, doctoral students and post-doctoral students
- An interesting and multifaceted job in an international working group focusing on research and education on pressing issues of our time - armed conflicts and security
- Good development opportunities, extensive training and an attractive remuneration package
- Support during the training phase.
- Further training, personnel development and health and family promotion offers
- Future-proof job and flexible working hours (home-office and subsidy for job ticket BW)
- Company pension plan (VBL)
- Classification according to the tariff provisions of the TV-L (depending on personal qualifications up to salary group 9a TV-L)
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Nina von Uexkull via e-mail: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application with CV, cover letter, reference letters/contacts until 26.02.2024 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 7531 88-4016).