(fulltime, Salary Scale E 13 TV-L)
Reference No.: 2022/191. Applications are invited for one Postdoctoral Researcher starting for the nearest possible date or upon mutual agreement in Condensed Matter Theory and Quantum Information. The position is available for 2 years (with potential for extension to up to 4 years). In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is part of the research program SPINNING within the quantum technology initiative funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- Research in theoretical study of a photonic architecture for quantum computing, and/or its physical elements consisting of color centers in diamond or silicon-carbide and their coupling to optical cavities, and/or the buildup of quantum entanglement across a photonic network
- PhD in theoretical physics
- Experience in at least one of the following research areas: Condensed matter theory, Quantum information and quantum computation, Theory of solidstate qubits, Open quantum systems, Semiconductor physics, Physics of quantum dots
- Good development opportunities, and an attractive remuneration package
- Thriving scientific environment within the research group
- Research collaboration with internal and external partners
- Working in Konstanz with its gorgeous surroundings
Informal inquiries may be addressed to Prof. Dr. Guido Burkard, Guido.Burkard@uni-konstanz.de.
We look forward to receiving your application until August 31, 2022 (include a curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter and contact details of one or two reference) via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).