PhD Position in Comperative Politics (f/m/d)
(part-time 50 %, E 13 TV-L)
Job offer No. 2020/034. The earliest starting date is 1 October 2020. The initial employment is for 48 months.
The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
The working group of Comparative Politics led by Prof. Christian Breunig, PhD, at the Department of Politics and Public Administration invites applications for a Doctoral Research Position in Comparative Politics.
- Contribute to the group’s research on political representation, public policy, and political economy
- Develop an independent research agenda leading to a PhD
- Publish in the group’s thematic areas
- Teach a course on comparative politics
- Strong knowledge of comparative politics
- Excellent training in quantitative methodology
- Qualifications include a MA degree in political science or a related dis-cipline
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of German is desirable but not a requirement
- Working time 50%
- Professional development opportunities and an attractive research group
For further information, please contact Christian Breunig: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation that details your research interests, a CV, a writing sample, copies of certificates and transcripts, as well as the names of two reference as a single pdf file by 1 April 2020 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).