The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
“The Politics of Inequality” is a Cluster of Excellence at the University of Konstanz within the framework of the Excellence Strategy of the federal and state governments.
The cluster-funded project “Framing Inequalities” studies the framing of actual or perceived inequalities in the political arena. The goal is to model how frames in communication are employed to affect frames in thought. The field of application is the public debate on the German refugee crisis after 2015. The interdisciplinary project team consists of Prof. Dr. Katharina Holzinger (political science), Prof. Dr. Miriam Butt (Linguistics) and Prof. Dr. Regine Eckardt (Linguistics).
The successful applicant will be a member of the project team and contributes to its research activities. Developing a related PhD project is supported, membership in our PhD programme is mandatory.
– Collect political communication documents and media contributions on the German refugee crisis.
– Conduct a population survey, including survey experiments.
– A Master’s degree in Political Science.
– Knowledge of / experience with quantitative methods, survey design, and (social) media data collection.
– Interdisciplinary experience (linguistics, economics) is desirable.
– A letter of motivation.
– A Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications, if any.
– A certification of a completed Master’s degree in Political Science.
– The introduction and one chapter of your Master’s thesis.
– Names of two potential referees for us to contact.