Research assistant / Post-doctoral researcher
(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Job Offer No: 2020/144. The start date is October 1st, 2020 or by agreement. The position is available for five years.
In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is available in the Environmental Physics Group at the Limnological Institute of the University of Konstanz, Germany. The applicant will establish his/her own research program which strengthens and complements existing expertise and research activities of the Environmental Physics Group. We investigate the implications of physical processes for the functioning of aquatic ecosystems, transport and mixing processes, greenhouse gases, and the interplay between abiotic conditions and the development of organisms, populations and communities in lakes and reservoirs. The research is based on field measurements, mesocosm experiments, and numerical modelling. For details see https://www.limnologie.uni-konstanz.de/peeters/.
- Active contribution to research and publications in research areas of the Environmental Physics Group
- Acquisition of funding for own and collaborative research projects
- Laboratory and field activities on lakes and reservoirs, or modelling
- Supervision of students and teaching (4-6 hours/week per term)
- Applicants should have successfully completed a doctoral thesis on a topic relevant to the research of the Environmental Physics Group
- Additional experiences in research and teaching are an advantage
- Programming experiences (especially Matlab) are an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- An open and motivated research group
- Excellent opportunities to develop own research ideas
- Opportunity to complete a Habilitation
- A very nice working environment located at the shore of Lake Konstanz
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Frank Peeters via E-mail: email@example.com by phone: (+ 49 (0)7531 / 88 – 3459). Applications should include a letter of motivation with a statement on research interests, a curriculum vitae including copies of certificates, and a letter of recommendation for the announced position from a referee.
We look forward to receiving your application until 31 August 2020 via our Online Application Portal.
Late applications may be considered if the position is still vacant.
DThe University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in the field advertised (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/equal-opportunity/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).