(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference-No. 2021/297. The start date is April 1st, 2022. The position is available for three and a half years. In principle, the position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The position is available as part of the Working Group “Social and Political Anthropology” headed by Prof. Dr. Judith Beyer. Our researchers specialize in political and legal anthropology. Based on long-term ethnographic fieldwork (with regional foci in Asia and Europe), our current research interests are the anthropology of the state and statelessness, activism, theories of order, community, authority, (neo-)traditionalization, ethno-religious minorities, legal pluralism, and constitutional politics. Anthropology in Konstanz is international, theory-guided and strong in research. The Working Group of Prof. Beyer is internationally well connected; our working languages are German and English.
- 4 hours of teaching per week at
undergraduate level (BA “Sociology”) and graduate level (MA “Anthropology and Sociology”)
- support in organizing the bi-weekly
research colloquium “Social- and
- supervising theses at BA- and MA-level
- supporting the Working Group in organizational and administrative tasks
- PhD in Anthropology (Social/Cultural) or in a related field
- teaching experience
- experience in writing grant applications
- academic publications in the field of political and legal anthropology
- experience with long-term fieldwork
- international research network
- a friendly and motivated team of colleagues
- the possibility to teach within your own field of expertise
- getting connected to researchers working in interdisciplinary projects at the University of Konstanz
- the possibility to submit a Habilitation
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Judith Beyer via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents (cover letter, CV, list of publications, current research project, record of teaching experience) until January 7th 2022 via our Online-Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).